17 November 2014

Week 75: The Power of the Book of Mormon. Miracles!

November 17, 2014
Geliefde Familie:
Zwarte Piet
This week started out kind of rough. I don't know why, but I woke up just feeling like I was never going to get through it. For some reason it just felt like it was going by so slowly (and…it was Tuesday haha) but then Tuesday night, I was studying a talk by Henry B. Eyring and it basically told me to just study the Book of Mormon. I don't know if that's what the talk actually said, but that's what I got from it. So I decided I needed to be doing that better. At some points on my mission, I made it a point to really dive into the Book of Mormon, but I realized I hadn't been doing that. I would read a chapter in personal study or something, but I hadn't been applying it as well as I have in the past. So I decided I was going to give it a try. I don't know HOW, but studying the Book of Mormon deeply really does change our days. Thank goodness. I also studied in Preach My Gospel about hope and then more in the scriptures. I don't know if I WOULD have made it through the week without that. We see rejection every day and when we aren't equipped to fight back with a smile, it can wear you down fast. I was so grateful that I did because it made such a tangible difference in my week. Of course things are always hard, but the Book of Mormon will get you through the really tough days. I know that. And after I had that experience, I was able to testify of it much more powerfully to an inactive member that lives on the Elders' street that has never opened the door for them, but did for us. We are going back there soon! Miracles. 

I thought I'd be able to go my whole mission without having to give a last minute talk in Sacrament Meeting until the second counselor of the bishopric came to me right as the meeting was starting. Missionaries are always the back up plan. I talked about the Atonement. It's one of those things that I have learned a lot about on my mission, and I coincidentally had a Liahona about Jesus Christ with me, so it was good.

I was also reading another talk that helped me understand that we secure our salvation when we help others to theirs. That was cool. 

Investigator updates. Evert is so positive in appointments! It's so cool. He really wants to learn and he's making great progress but then he WON'T COME TO CHURCH! I don't know why, but three weeks in a row he has promised to come but then doesn't. It's so disappointing. We talked so much about it in our lessons this week too. I don't understand why he won’t come! He always has rides and we tell him about it so he won't be surprised by anything, but oh well...agency.

We went to a baby shower on steroids this week and it was in the church and there were a ton of nonmembers and we had some really cool conversations with them and THEN, this one lady came up and showed us pictures of Utah. I MISS THE MOUNTAINS AHHHHHH

Mark is a rock star, Annie is a babe, and yes will you please follow up with Lucy just to make sure. She was very willing but just check

Well I got to go, we are teaching a lesson in French tonight and then a referral from some members. WOO!

IK HOU VAN JULLIE EN IK KAN NIET WACHTEN VOOR...23 days?? AH

Zr Katherine Heilner

Sint Niklaas

Elder Childs

Sint-Niklaas Elders!



Elder Thomas and Zr Mashburn

Gent



No comments:

Post a Comment