05 August 2013

Week 8: It's bad for your liver; you won't be able to have kids!

Groningen
Geliefde Familie: 
That was my favorite quote from this week.  We got sushi with the other missionaries today, and my district leader said that about the pickled ginger haha. 

What is your new address?? And when can I start writing to it? I sent a hand-written letter home with a woman that used to live in Groningen. She was visiting her parents (who are wonderful) so I got to meet her. I live in her house! I wish I could have sent home some Dutch things, but I didn't want to be taking up room in her suitcase, so I'll have to send home a package around Christmas.

So yeah mom if you could send my winter coat at some point that'd be good. Other delicacies I want....I don't know, Grammy sent me peanut butter and Oreos that I received at a zone training and made me very happy. But Eyeliner (the waterproof kind from Rimmel or L’Oreal that is a roll up pencil) and mascara would be appreciated because they are sooooo expensive here.

This week we had an investigator have a vision. Seriously. He was asking about tithing and if he really was supposed to go through with baptism, and he had a dream! Like Lehi! We told him to read the two chapters in 1 Nephi because it was so similar. I hope he decides to be baptized. He's awesome, he just needs to take the leap! 

Funny story from this week: We planned a FHE for a less-active family in our ward. Their daughters are so cute. It was charades. So we went over there, and I went first. They LOVED it, which was awesome for us, because we have been so exhausted that we DID NOT want to get up and act stuff out. But it was perfect because they would be like, "Nee, Ik ben op de burt! Ik ben!" No it’s my turn! Mine! So we just sat and watched them and chilled for a bit, which was great. 

I had no idea there was a new temple film. You guys know how I feel about the temple. I love it so much. SO much. I can't wait until I can go all the time again. That's one difficult thing about a mission, but it's okay. I'm doing OTHER important things. 

Dad, Grammy told me the story about how you had issues of not having a butt on your mission on a bike. I guess I must be more...shall we say "blessed" than you were, because I am not having any soreness issues from my bike! Blessings from heaven. Heavenly Father knows what we can handle. I actually do have a testimony of that. Heavenly Father gives us a way to do everything that he needs us to do. Sometimes what we plan for ourselves is not reachable, but if it's what Heavenly Father wants you to do, He WILL provide a way if we LET him. We need to ask for his help constantly. I am so thankful to be the daughter of such a loving Father in Heaven.

I love you all so much. I miss you terribly. Sorry I can't spell the word "because." I want you to know that I CAN indeed spell it, but when I'm typing fast, it always is spelled wrong, so sorry about that. Also, if any of you were wondering, my stomach still makes noises uncontrollably. 

IK HOU VAN JULLIE!

Make good choices, be good people, WORK WITH THE MISSIONARIES! It's SOOOOO much in the members’ hands.

So thankful I get to spend eternity with you weirdoes,


Zuster Heilner

Groningen


No comments:

Post a Comment