22 December 2013

Week 27: Crazy Week!

December 16, 2013


Geliefde Familie:


THIS WEEK. Was crazy. My companion was sick for TWO DAYS. I was dying to get outside, but she needed the rest. We also did a lot of traveling. We had a Zone Conference with Elder Teixeira of the 70 in Amsterdam so I got to sleep at Zr Hudson's house!!! And I got a lot of good advice from her. We stayed up until like 11:30 but I really needed to talk to her, so I was happy. Elder Teixeira is from Portugal, and he had a lot of really good things to say. Apparently he sort of chastised the other group though. He just taught us a lot. But since we were inside for two days (well really only one because both days we just went home early because we called Zr Robinson because Zr GW was not feeling well later in the days) we were really motivated, so we had an AWESOME week. Not that numbers are everything, but we got 4 new investigators. BOOM.

One of the assistants to the president called me on Monday asking if I could do a part of the opening exercises at zone training. He told me they're trying something new and reading two pages from the white handbook; so I got to prayerfully choose what to read.

I was just telling my companion that it wouldn't feel like Christmas this year because I don't have caramel, but then I GOT CARAMEL! You beautiful people. Thank you, thank you! I kept all of the other things in that package wrapped, I will open them on Christmas. 

Thank you for sending me to a good school so I know that you can't end a sentence with a preposition. I probably break it all the time, but at least I know it's wrong. And it helps Dutch too!

I sent you guys a letter on Tuesday with more details. Hope you get it soon!

We had an appointment with a member fall through on Saturday, so we went door knocking and got let in to this family's house from Sri Lanka! Only the dad speaks English, and basically no Dutch, but we taught them and they said we can come back! We even found the Tamil BoM online for them so they can read it. Miracle! And we didn't have to stay all night in the freezing, so that was definitely a plus. 

I CAN'T WAIT TO SKYPE YOU! Send your info to Sister Kitchen. She speaks English. I'm so glad you saw the picture on Facebook! Brother Mraz called me on my first day here and told me he knows Sister Casey. That was so cool. 

IK HOU VAN JULLIE!

Annie, good luck with the gifts. Spencer, I hear you're a lady killer. Mark, you're just the best ever. All of you, good luck on exams. I will talk to you soon :):):):):):))))))

Love, love, love,


Zr Heilner

No comments:

Post a Comment