12 January 2014

Week 28: Prettige Feestdagen!

December 23, 2013
Geliefde Familie:


That means "Happy Holidays" Because I'm not 100% sure how to spell "Merry Christmas" in Dutch. Prettige Kerstdag? Maybe? It might be Kerstdagen because they have two Christmases. In any case, MERRY CHRISTMAS! Almost. I'm out of my miiiind excited to Skype you. 

This week was good. I went to Brussels again to get my Belgium ID finally! They gave us like 40 minutes to sight see and eat lunch, so that was fun. We saw the statue of the little boy peeing that's so famous for some reason. On the way to Belgium, I contacted in Russian! Not really, but I said. "I know that He lives" and pointed to Christ on a pass along card and got his number for the missionaries in his area. So that was exciting. 


Brussels

For Mark!  Valkenburg Caves

So we went to Christmas caves last week! Yes, Christmas markets inside caves in Valkenburg. It was pretty cool. And not cold! People keep telling us that it's not even cold yet and it makes me a little worried. But I'm okay for now, and you sent me toe warmers that I haven't really needed yet, so we are going to be fine. Also, I have the faith that Heavenly Father will NOT let one of His missionaries get frost bite. If any of you have heard of missionaries getting frost bite, do not tell me. The bishop's son, who is 14 and one of my favorite people in the ward, in between correcting my Dutch, he told me that he still bikes to school in shorts. #crying

I really love you people. Nobody is perfect. Everybody is important. Everybody. I'm trying to see people more as God sees them. It's really hard sometimes to remember to do that, but it makes it easier to know that God sent us all here for a reason. He loves us so much that He sent his Son for our imperfections. What a wonderful time of the year it is to be a missionary. You be missionaries too. 

IK HOU VAN JULLIE! See ya around 5 or 5:30 my time. Look pretty, I'll be judging you. 

Love, love, love,

Zr Heilner

No comments:

Post a Comment