26 May 2014

Week 50: People ALWAYS call while I'm emailing!

May 26, 2014


Geliefde Familie: 

Well currently I am on the phone with someone from Apeldoorn who clearly doesn't understand email family time because I asked if I could call him back in 30 minutes and he said no I just want to give you a little background on this lady I met in Den Haag last week. So I was like, alright, sweet, he's going to give us a referral. He proceeded to talk to me for 10 minutes and not give me the lady's number. Finally done.
Well, we still have four people in our apartment. It's fun but crazy. It just makes me so thankful for Zr A. She's such a good example of having fun AND being spiritual. She's really gifted and we have so much fun together. 
So, our investigators. Noel. I don't know how much I've told you, but he is from Suriname and he has studies with a lot of religious groups. He really needs to see that there's a difference between studying the gospel and coming closer to Christ. He said he would like to be baptized, and that he knows it's true, but for some reason he wants to go to America and be baptized by someone who has held the Priesthood for more than 30 years. We explained that that's not how it works. Basically, we called him the other day and asked a bunch of probing questions (I love being with Dutch people--they're so bold. And at this point, I understand that my purpose is to actually help people progress, so I'm not afraid to be bold either) and we basically found out that he doesn't understand the Holy Ghost, so that's what we will be teaching next. The beautiful thing about the Holy Ghost is that it teaches and testifies of pure truth.

Ethlyn. She's doing so well! We went over for our appointment, and she started writing down everyone that she wants to participate in her baptismal service. AMAZING. She's getting baptized on her birthday, or in her words, her REBIRTHDAY. Love it. She's telling her friends and family about it too. She's awesome. She also cooked for us and I have included a picture of the fish head that we ate. Just kidding, I didn't eat it. 
Fish heads, anyone??
Manuela! So last week while I was emailing, a member called and gave us a referral. 17 year old girl with a baby. We were SO nervous to teach her, but it went really well! She's SO cool and she talked about a feeling that she had that she couldn't describe while she was praying. We talked a lot about the Holy Ghost and how we prayed that she would be able to feel it in this lesson and I really think she did. She has turrets, and while we were reciting the first vision, she didn't twitch ONE BIT. Amazing. Also, our Dutch for some reason was really not that good that day, but through our imperfections, the Holy Ghost still spoke to her in a language that she understood perfectly. Pray for her. She didn't even believe in God. When we asked if she was religious, she said, "not yet." We were so happy. She's great.
We have zone conference this week!!! With Eindhoven. I'm excited. Zr WB will be there. It's in the new chapel in Zoetermeer, which is the same city as the temple. Woo.

Today I am wearing a necklace that Federica gave me on my last day in Maastricht. I was so so so sad to leave.
Before I sign off, and before the weather gets any nicer, I'd like to give a word of caution. If your license to thrill is expired, go get it renewed and be not offended if you don't get cleared this year.
IK HOU VAN JULLIE!
Liefs,
Zr Heilner


No comments:

Post a Comment