06 July 2013

Week 3: BANG and F Words!

Dear Family,

I really couldn't think of a good subject line for this week. So it's a little risqué, but it works because the MTC gets pretty monotonous. But last night I played a game called Bang, and I think some of us are going to be playing it again today since we can't go to the temple. So, to get all of your attention, BANG. Oh, and it's the Fourth of July and we get to watch the stadium of fire fireworks, so that's pretty cool. Of course Spencer misses his favorite American holiday by like two weeks.  

My dear family. Pray always. We are so blessed to be able to talk to our Heavenly Father. Never forget the blessing it is to be able to pray and receive answers. Trying to explain that to investigators can be really tough, so don't take it for granted, mmkay? Mmkay.

This week we learned all the Dutch words that sound like the F word. There are quite a few of them! We seriously had a whole lesson devoted to it so that we could get our giggles out now and not when we ask someone what their profession is (vakker is a breeder and vak is profession). Only one of our teachers taught us that though, so when one of the Elders companionships was teaching their investigator (our other teacher) and asked him what he does for a living, he had never heard that before and HE started laughing. The teacher that taught us (Broeder Robinson) is actually Dutch and he was very surprised that Broeder Mohrman had never heard it. 

I am really sad that this week was boring...it makes for quite a lame email, and usually I look forward to what I'm going to say to you guys!

Grammy, bless you for the cake bites. Mom, bless you for the peanut butter bars. That was one great thing about this week. I was very much taken care of in the way of sweets, which is a very important thing to me. So thank you.

Dad, I was going to write a pun, but then decided it just really isn't funny enough. So you're welcome.

We had Janice Kapp Perry speak to us! She is awesome and I want my husband to be as cute as her's when we are old and wrinkly.

And then we had Sheri Dew, the CEO of Deseret Book, talk to us in RS. She's great too. She talked about how we have to use our agency to let the Spirit teach us. We have to learn how Heavenly Father talks to US--but we can ask him to help us learn. I'd never thought about that. If we tell Heavenly Father we are ready to receive guidance, we are more likely to get it.

Also, "To receive HIS power, we must do HIS work in HIS way" -Elder Robert C. Gay

I can't think of much else, so I will send pictures now.

I LOVE YOU PEOPLE. SO, SO, SO MUCH. Thank you for the love, support and letters. Mark, keep 'em coming. They make me so happy. Plus, you have ten more points than Annie right now because she hasn't written me at all.

Love,
Zuster Heilner
Missionary Pictures are beyond awkward.  Elders Alpeter and Helm

Da Zone: Sweden, Belgium/Netherlands, and Surinam. And we are getting Danes tomorrow!


Dress like an Elder Day!

Not bad, huh?! That was what Elder Robbins drew. Elder Alpeter (Surinam) and me.

Our awesome sister training leaders. They're leaving for Sweden on Monday. I always tell them to look for Oscar.


Zusters and Systers


A united companionship:  we have the same tweezers and headlamps




No comments:

Post a Comment