21 October 2013

Week 18: Two Down!

October 14, 2013


Our companionship photo. She's rollerblading and holding onto my achter op as I’m biking

Geliefde Familie:


So yes, transfer calls happened. I know that's what you want to hear first, so I'll just go ahead and let ya know. My companion is going to Amsterdam.  My companion is just awesome. Such a hard worker. She's going to be the Sister Training Leader in that zone. I'm going to miss her so much. My new companion is Zr Larson. She's Zr Hudson’s age in the mission. And I think she's 21 also. Anyway, I'm staying in Groningen. Idk how much longer, but for now, yay! Amsterdam uses only Metro, which I would LOOOOOOVE, so I hope I get to go there too someday. Oh the Elders. My DL who has been in Groningen with me the whole time and who is just great is going to Apeldoorn to be the ZL with one of his old companions. And his replacement is Elder Bonney from my group. He's cool and he was trained by the other ZL in Apeldoorn so I bet they will fight about who gets to come to Groningen to exchange. The other two Elders aren't changing. I'm going to miss Zr Hudson and Elder Muse a lot, but they are needed elsewhere. 

CHRIS GOT BAPTIZED! He is amazing, people. We went to the house of a lady in our ward with him because we needed a third woman to have a lesson with him, and he basically was telling her that she needs to come to church because nothing is more important than taking the sacrament. And then, I was sitting by him on Sunday, and the lady went to bear her testimony and I leaned over and started saying something to him about it and he was like, "yeah I know! She came!" It was cool. He gets it. I want him to get the Priesthood soon. I was teaching him more about it with another Sister (we were on exchanges) and he was like, "Yeah, this is something I really want to be able to bring into a family." And and and hahaha Zr Hudson was like, "yeeeeah, maybe I won't ever get married." and he basically said, "did you not listen to general conference? You have to." hahah. He gets it. I love it. 

Chris!


I will finish writing later, we are about to have an epic nurf war with the elders. Love you guys! Maybe you'll be awake when I am back. 

I’m back:
                                                           
Dear Dad, thanks for taking me shooting. I know that's not the only reason I can hold my own in a zombie nurf battle, but it was still really fun. 

So we went to Leeuwarden on Saturday because the senior sister is RSP and she needed help for an activity. She and her husband leave Nederland tomorrow, I'm pretty sad about it. Could you add her to the email list?  thanks. Anyway, we could only get a slow train back to Groningen, so we were going to be late for our Chinese appointment (it is so hard to get him to admit he believes in God. I KNOW he does though). So we were running out of the station to our bikes and they were GONE. No, I have not gotten a new bike, by the way. So the city had taken them because they were chained to a fence, and usually in Groningen that's okay (especially because the station parking is completely full now that all the students are back) but we parked them along the path that leads blind people, a path that we had no idea existed. Of course they can take your bike on a Saturday, but you can only pick it up on working days, so the whole weekend we were on the bus because rental bikes were all gone. I'm telling you, now that the students are back, Groningen is PACKED. But probably not even close to as populated as like Rotterdam or something. So we went this morning to go get our bikes and they were 25 euros to get back. I couldn't tell if this was an answer to my prayer and I should just leave it, so I called the sister that's coming here and she said she'd buy it from me even though I told her I didn't want it, so I bought it back, but I may just end up keeping it. It's really not that bad since the seat was raised. And here, you bike or die.

Speaking of, my companion hit a girl on her bike today. After we got them back, we were going to the church to email and she just head on hit someone. My companion of course got up and started asking if the girl was okay, who was in tears, saying that her knee had been hit out of place. A tearful hour filled with calling doctors later, we walked out of her apartment (she is FINE, by the way) and were back on our way.

I finally had real Suriname food. It's delicious. Try to look up a recipe for roti. 

One of our investigators is a ghost buster. Idk, but he can feel spirits around him. I was talking to him about grandpa and he said he was with me because I thought of him. So that was pretty cool. And he said something about how he can feel spirits who never had bodies. And I was like, "so they don't YET have bodies?" in Nederlands, that's "nog niet?" and he said, "nog nooit" meaning they will never have bodies. He says they're bad spirits. Guess what, Gerrie, I believe in those spirits too. Wanna talk about the Plan of Salvation?

Anyway, love you people. So much. I'm kinda nervous for the next week, but then I realized it was basically only because I don't know exactly how to get to our dinner appointment on Wednesday, my first day with a new companion, but it'll be okay. 

IK HOU VAN JULLIE. Seriously, so much. Have a great week. Miss you guys,

Your Favorite Child

Don't worry kids, I'm only the favorite because I'm on a mission. 

Chris


https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment