27 October 2014

Week 72: This week was just FUN!!

October 27, 2014

Geliefde Familie: 

Dinner at the de Bruijns. I love this family. We were fishing for our dessert.






Big news: I'M GETTING TRANSFERRED! Sint-Niklaas, België! I'm opening it up for sisters with a GREENIE! WHAT?! I'm stoked. It's gonna be hard I'm sure, but wooooo. I'm really sad to be leaving the people here. This branch is fantastic, and I've made some amazing friends here. This week was so fun with all of them. But I'm ready for this challenge and it's going to be fun. Zr Adams is staying and she's getting Zr Robbins, who has been here for 6 weeks.

AH, what amazing week to have ended on. We had our mini missionary Zr Stein, and that was so fun. She's just such a cutie. Actually, it was probably really good prep for training just because of how much of a routine you get into with people that have been on a mission. We forgot that not everyone knows when daily planning is and how it goes haha.

So I came across a cool scripture this week in 1 Tim 4:

14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
 15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
 16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Basically, we all have gifts. We should be working to develop them so that we can not only save ourselves, but also those that we serve. I thought it was so perfect for a missionary. I could literally be anywhere in the world right now, but I'm here....and getting transferred to Belgium. But anyway, I'm where I am for a reason and I know that if I do the will of God, I'll be able to help a lot of people. I hope I can at least. And that goes for you all too. I encourage you all to pray about what you can do in the next week to use your gifts to serve someone.

We had a perfect lesson this week. With M. She was given to us by other missionaries and she is SO COOL. She LOVES it. She reads the BoM every day and watches conference and all that glorious jazz. She is having problems coming to church because she watches over her mom and doesn't want to leave her alone, but we are seeing her again tonight and we will try to overcome some of those barriers. I'm sad to be leaving her.

C wrote a letter to God at the request of Zr. Stein. It was awesome to read what she wants to say to Him. She loves writing, so it was perfect.

We did a lot of decorating this week for a Halloween dance on Friday...weird that I won't be here for any of this stuff!

I love you so much! Keep up the good work. I will see you in like 6.5 weeks?!?!?! AH. Zr Aston's HC is in two weeks, so Spence, you should go. I'll get details next week from her.

IK HOU VAN JULLIE!
Zr Katherine Heilner
then we had to bob for fish haha
it turned into a contest...guess who won. that's right. me. 2.03 seconds. so fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment